Updated: August, 2017
|CSC COMEX (Computerized Examination)|
The CSC offers the Civil Service Examinations (CSE) via two modes: (1) written and (2) computerized. You may choose to take the exam through any of these modes, but please take note that there are differences in the application process and fees involved, as well as the releasing of results.
(1) The Pen and Paper Test (PPT) is usually offered twice a year. Requirements for application should be submitted to any CSC Regional or Field Office within the period of application that is announced at the CSC website, www.csc.gov.ph. This is on a first come, first served basis, and you need to coordinate with the CSC office where you plan to apply to inquire about available slots. The complete directory of CSC offices nationwide may be found at the CSC website, www.csc.gov.ph or you can access here. The complete details and fees involved for taking this exam is here. The list of passers will be released 41 working days after the exam. Fifteen working days after the release of passers, the ratings will be made available through the OCSERGS. To get their certificates of eligibility, passers should coordinate with the Regional Office where they applied.
(2) The schedule for the CSC Computerized Examination or COMEX, on the other hand, is announced through the COMEX website, http://comex.csc.gov.ph/user/ . Those who are interested to take the COMEX may create/register an account through this website. Requirements for application should be submitted on the day of the exam itself. Results and certificates of eligibility will be released one (1) week after the exam through the CSC website, unless an extension is announced due to technical problems. Please regularly check your COMEX account for notifications on exam schedules, updates, and detailed guidelines on taking this exam.
The first thing to do is Registrants must create an email account in Gmail and use Google Chrome browser in registration.
The following procedures shall be observed:
- On the internet browser address bar, type comex.csc.gov.ph or click here.
- Click/tap Sign Up Now.
- Provide all the required information; make sure to remember or list down your username and password.
- Upon completing all the required information, the preview of the application form will appear.
- Review the entries on the preview and make the necessary correction, if any, by clicking Edit Entries.
- Tick I agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- Tick I want to receive email notices on examination and newsletter.
- Click/tap Submit
- A message will appear indicating that a confirmation email has been sent to your email account
- Check your email Inbox folder or Spam folder; if email is in Spam folder, tick the check box opposite the email and click Not a spam to move the email to Inbox folder.
- Open the email confirmation, then click Activate here.
- This message will appear if activation is successful: “You have successfully activated your account.”
- Click Login and input your username and password.
Make sure to activate your account within 24 hours. Otherwise, your account will be automatically deleted by the system.
Finally, registrants are advised to login to CSC COMEX website as frequent as possible to avoid deactivation of account. Accounts that have been inactive for three months shall be automatically purged from the database of registrants.
Source: CSC COMEX Advisory No. 07, s. 2014
Can't access CSC COMEX site?
The privacy error in Chrome, "Your connection is not private".
If you are unable to access the site and this warning appears, here’s how you can handle the issue:
To proceed, simply choose the “Advanced” link.
Then choose "Proceed to comex.csc.gov.ph (unsafe)".
To keep updated about COMEX and Civil Service Exam, you may Like Us on Facebook or Follow Us on Google+ Community Page.