Civil Service Examination is a nationwide examination conducted by Civil Service Commission.The CSE is a general ability test designed to measure an individual's preparedness to enter government service. Passing the CSE entitles one to either a Professional or Sub-Professional career service eligibility which is one of the basic requirements for permanent appointment to career positions in government, except for positions that involve the practice of profession or are covered by special laws.
- THE INFORMATION ON THE CAREER SERVICE EXAMINATIONS CONTAINED HERE ARE GENERAL IN NATURE.
- THE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION (CSC) ISSUES A CORRESPONDING EXAMINATION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE CONDUCT OF THE CAREER SERVICE EXAMINATIONS.
- APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO CHECK OUT THE EXAMINATION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PARTICULARS AND/OR UPDATES ON EXAMINATION RULES, REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE.
- IN ANY CASE OF INCONSISTENCY, THE EXAMINATION ANNOUNCEMENT SHALL PREVAIL OVER THIS GENERAL INFORMATION.
The Career Service Examination (Professional and Sub-Professional levels) may be taken through either of the following modes:
- Pen and Paper Test (PPT)
The CSE-PPT is conducted nationwide twice or thrice a year subject to the approval of the Commission. Filing of applications for the CSE-PPT is through the CSC Regional or Field Offices. Applicants are advised to refer to the Examination Announcement, which the CSC officially issues for each schedule of the CSE-PPT.
- Computer Examination (COMEX) formerly Computer-Assisted Test (CAT)
The CSE-CAT is conducted at the Civil Service Commission Central Office (CSCCO), IBP Road, Batasan Hills, Quezon City, and in selected CSC Regional Offices (CSCRO) such as CSC-CAR, Baguio City. For the schedule of conduct of CSE-CAT, applicants are advised to coordinate/get in touch with the CSCCO, or the concerned CSCRO. Please visit the CSC website www.csc.gov.ph for the directory of CSC Central and Regional Offices.
CSE-SCHEDULE (see updated civil service exams schedule)
NOTE: Acceptance of applications shall be on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED basis and shall be closed any time before the deadline if the CSC Regional/Field Office has already reached the target number of applicants.
To establish a Register of Eligibles (RoE) from which certification and appointment to first and second positions in the civil service shall be made, provided the eligibles meet the qualifications and other requirements of the positions. The RoE may also be a reference for employment in the private sector.
B. TESTING CENTERS (see updated civil service exams schedule)
C. QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE CAREER SERVICE EXAMINATION (CSE)
Career Service Professional and Sub-professional examinations are open to applicants regardless of educational attainment.
Applicants for both levels must:
- Be Filipino citizens, at least 18 years old, and of good moral character;
- Have no criminal record or have not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
- Have not been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government; and
- Have not taken the same level of career service examination, regardless of mode, within three (3) months from last examination taken.