Penology Officer Examination General Information
(Scope, Passing Grade, Admission and Application Requirements, Application Permits, and Examination Permits etc.)
To establish a Register of Eligibles (RoE) from which certification and appointment to second level ranks in the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) and other functionally related agencies shall be made, provided the eligibles meet the qualifications and other requirements of the positions.
B. TESTING CENTERS (Check on Updated CSE Schedules)
b. Applicants with pending administrative and/or criminal case may take the examination and will be conferred the eligibility if they successfully pass the same. However, this is without prejudice to the outcome of their pending cases. If they are found guilty of grave offenses, their eligibility shall be forfeited based on the penalties stated in the decision and pursuant to Section 52 (a) of the Revised Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Service.
c. Those who have already passed the Career Service Examination as well as Bar / Board examinations, and those who were granted honor graduate eligibility pursuant to PD 907 should no longer take the examination.
d. Qualification requirement Nos. 7 and 8 (Age and Height) shall be waived for incumbent employees of the Bureau of Corrections and all Provincial and Sub-Provincial Jails. Same requirements shall also be waived for former penology and correctional service agency employees, provided their applications are endorsed by the BJMP and provided further that they can meet the minimum service requirement pursuant to existing laws.
a. Driver’s License
c. PRC license
d. SSS ID
e. GSIS ID
f. Voter’s ID
g. BIR ID (ATM type/TIN Card type with picture)
h. Philhealth ID (must, at the least, contain the applicant's name, clear picture, signature and PhilHealth number)
i. Current Company/Office ID
j. Current School ID (validated for the current school year/semester/trimester)
k. Police Clearance
l. Postal ID
m. Barangay ID
NOTE: Any other ID card not included in the above list shall not be accepted.
4. Examination fee of Seven Hundred Pesos (Php 700.00).
OTHER/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS, as applicable:
- Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate issued/authenticated by the National Statistics Office (for applicants without date of birth in their ID)
- Certification of Employment issued by the authorized agency official (for incumbent employees of the Bureau of Corrections and of all provincial and Sub-Provincial Jails)
- Application Endorsement by the authorized official of the BJMP (for former penology and correctional service agency employees)
- Certification on the applicant's minimum service qualification issued by the authorized official of the BJMP (for former penology and correctional service agency employees)
- Certification of membership to a cultural minority issued by the authorized official of the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples, or the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (for applicants belonging to cultural communities to be able to avail of automatic waiver for height requirement)
For easy access, you may download form here.
1. Only applications with a COMPLETE set of application documentary requirements pursuant to Item D hereof must be submitted to the CSC Regional/Field Office
2. Proper attire should be worn during filing of application APPLICANTS SHOULD NOT BE IN SLEEVELESS SHIRT/BLOUSE, OR IN SHORT PANTS, OR IN SLIPPERS.
ONSA shall be available via the CSC website www.csc.gov.ph approximately two weeks before examination day. ONSA can also be accessed through the path http://webapp.csc.gov.ph/ExamAssign/ExamAssign.htm.
Examinees are advised to have a print-out of their Notice of School Assignment using ONSA.
If examinees cannot access the ONSA and/or still do not know their school assignment one week before examination day, they should inquire with the CSC Regional/Field Office concerned. A complete directory of CSC Regional/Field Offices nationwide is available at the CSC website www.csc.gov.ph
Examinees should be at their school not later than 7 a.m. on examination day.
Gates of examination venues shall be closed to examinees at 7:30 a.m.
2. Original NSO Birth Certificate (if ID card has no date of birth);
3. Application Receipt;
4. Notice of Assignment (as applicable);
5. Lead pencil/s (No. 1 or 2) and eraser;
J.RELEASE OF TEST RESULTS
Test results shall be released in 41 days after the examination through posting of the List of Passers in the CSC website www.csc.gov.ph.
K. RESULTING CIVIL SERVICE ELIGIBILITY
The civil service eligibility resulting from passing the Penology Officer Examination shall be called Penology Officer Eligibility.